I’ve never done a tag post before. So when I saw that Louise over at Food and Other Loves had recently completed the ’50 Questions You’ve Never Been Asked Tag’, and had an open invitation to participate, I decided to give it a try
Let’s get to know each other.
01. What’s your favorite candle scent?
I don’t know if I really have an absolute favorite but I love Fall scents like apple and cinnamon.
02. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
This is something I haven’t given thought to before. But I think Emma Stone would be crazy fun.
03. What male celebrity do you wish was your brother?
That’s an easy one, Wil Wheaton.
04. How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
I got married when I was 20 and I had always thought I’d marry young. Although fun fact, my “husband” and I are no longer married but are still together. We got divorced about 10 years ago and then reconciled after just a couple of months but never got around to remarrying. I never went back to my maiden name and we didn’t have time to split assets or anything so we sometimes forget that we ever split up
05. Do you know a hoarder?
Not a true hoarder really but I tend to collect way too much stuff and have a hard time letting it go. I’m working on that though
06. Can you do the splits?
07. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bike?
I had a bike as long as I remember. I think I was 5 or 6 when the training wheels came off. Truthfully though I haven’t rode a bike in years.
08. How many oceans have you swam in?
I’ve never been to an ocean 🙁
09. How many countries have you been to?
Just the US and Canada(barely…just a weekend in Niagara Falls) I don’t even own a passport(When we went to Niagara it was before a password was required to go into Canada from the US
10. Is anyone in your family in the army?
Not currently. But my biological dad was and my grandpa
11. What would you name your daughter if you had one?
I have 2 daughters, Sylvia(7) and Savanna(1)
12. What would you name your son if you had one?
That’s a tough one. My husband and I have been talking baby names since 2001 and have never been able to agree on a boy name. I guess it’s a good thing we’ve had girls so far. Lol.
13. What’s the worst grade you’ve got on a test?
I had a couple of years in middle school that I struggled and probably failed at least 1 test but I can’t remember for sure.
14. What was your favourite TV show when you were a kid?
When I was preschool age I liked Fraggle Rock and Captain Kangaroo.
15. What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8?
I can’t remember which years I did which costumes but the ones I remember were a witch, an angel, and a princess
16. Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
17. Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent?
It doesn’t really matter to me, I guess. I have an American accent but I suppose I would be ok with either.
18. Did your mother go to university?
19. Are your grandparents still married?
Sadly, my grandparents are all gone.
20. Have you ever taken karate lessons?
No. I haven’t but my daughter and husband have
21. Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
22. What was the first amusement park you went to?
I think it was Geauga Lake in Aurora, OH. It is closed down now but it was a fun park
23. What language beside your native language would you like to be fluent in?
That’s a question I’ve thought a bit about but not really sure. I wouldn’t mind knowing Italian because it’s a beautiful language and I have Italian in my background but another language may be more useful. Mandarin is the most widely spoken I think but I would also love to know German, Spanish, and French among others
24. Do you spell the colour grey or gray?
25. Is your father bald?
He had quite a bit of hair, as he always kept it long most of the time. He did have a bald spot but it wasn’t all that noticeable really
26. Do you know any triplets?
I don’t believe so
27. Do you prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I’m not sure. they’re both ok. Titanic is probably more interesting
28. Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes, I love Indian food but there aren’t really any places around me to get it.
29. What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
Another tough one. I love having a variety of places to go to. I can’t really afford anything more than casual dining so my options are limited. There is a Swiss restaurant though that I really love to go to when we can called Chalet in the Valley. I don’t know if it’s my absolute favorite but if I could choose anything right now that’s what it would be
30. Have you ever been to Nandos?
I haven’t, the closest one to me is a few hundred miles away but it sounds like something I would like to try
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores (Costco, Bookers, etc.)?
Nope. I did belong to BJs in the past but not anymore
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I have no idea! I know I almost ended up being called Shannah though but I ended up being named after my great-grandmother after my Mamaw insisted
33. If you have a nickname, what is it?
I have a few family members that called me Carebear when I was younger but I think that’s about it. Although I’m sure I’m called a lot of things when I’m not around. Haha
34. Who’s your favourite person in the world?
It’s a tie between my 2 beautiful girls
35. Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
The countryside for sure
36. Can you whistle?
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight?
No, I actually have dark curtains to keep light out
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning?
No, I’m so bad about that
39. Do you take any pills or medication daily?
40. What medical conditions do you have?
Hashimotos and PCOS and a history of endometriosis
41. How many times have you been to the hospital?
Not too many. Once as a child for pneumonia and twice for having babies. Other than that I’ve had outpatient surgeries and ER visits but those are the only overnights
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo?
43. Where do you buy your jeans?
Mostly at thrift stores and consignment shops
44. What’s the last compliment you got?
My husband told me I was pretty a couple days ago 🙂
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning?
Usually just bits and pieces, and I tend to forget most of it pretty quickly after waking. I wish I could remember them better though
46. What flavour tea do you enjoy?
A lot of times regular black tea or rooibos does the trick. I love a good herbal tea too though. I don’t really have a favorite
47. How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
A pair of tennis shoes, 2 boots, 2 pumps, and some worn out sandals
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice?
We are atheist/humanist but attend a Unitarian Universalist Fellowship where there is a mix of beliefs and a religious education program for children so they can explore and decide for themselves
49. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
I think I was 6 or 7.
50. Why do you have a blog?
I started my blog back in 2015 out of boredom really. Then I got into product reviews before taking an extended break. Now I’m back and serious about it though. I love to write, I love to share, and I am hoping that blogging can eventually help bring in some extra income for my family as well
That took a while but it was fun. I would love to get to know others.
WHO I’M TAGGING TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS NEXT …
Jarrod from Our Search for Paradise
Deepak from Techadvises
Rachel from Immaturely Mature
Amber from Amber Laviolette Photography
Lashanda from Shanda Free(ADULT CONTENT)
Jean from As Seen on Jean
Nives from Travel Optician
Tione from Beauty That Walks
Sharon from Sheryy’s Blog
Helen from The Unmarried Stepmother
Pedro-Pacheco from Naija Introvert
Amitha from MAKEOVERmoment
Diana from Midnight Sun Homestead
Judy from Funmammasa
Prazwal from Pile Up Blogs
and of course anyone else who wants to have a go! Please comment with the link to your post if you participate so we can read each other’s answers 🙂 Even if you don’t have a blog yet, what a great way to start one!
I hope you guys enjoyed my answers. I can’t wait to see yours
As always, this post may contain affiliate links so any purchases made from clicking links on this post may result in a small commission to help fund this website